Looking for trader geldedyak@yahoo.com
JS
2012-06-03 13:15:27 UTC
This is a long shot, but I'm looking for a former poster whose email
address was ***@yahoo.com

Unfortunately, that address is no longer valid. However, I would
really like to talk to this person. If anyone has any information on
how I can get in touch with this guy, please let me know.

Thanks,
JS
mutt
Trading Traci Lords child pornography will get you arrested.
JS
Different guy.
JS
2012-06-03 19:30:52 UTC
Post by JS
Post by mutt
Post by JS
This is a long shot, but I'm looking for a former poster whose email
Unfortunately, that address is no longer valid. However, I would
really like to talk to this person. If anyone has any information on
how I can get in touch with this guy, please let me know.
Thanks,
JS
Trading Traci Lords child pornography will get you arrested.
Different guy.
Just to provide some more info, a friend recently sent me a link to
this site...

http://www.angelfire.com/movies/vividvisions/checkthegate.html

I've been collecting workprints on and off for years. This is a nice
collection of stuff, lemme tell ya. I could probably delete about half
my want list if I could somehow find and trade with this guy.
Unfortunately, his email no longer works. I would bet the page is
pretty old at this point. Who uses Angelfire these days?
fadeToblack
2012-06-03 20:27:02 UTC
Post by JS
Post by JS
Post by mutt
Post by JS
[...]
APOCALYPSE NOW App. 288 min
I've wondered for years,,,so how is the pic/sound quality on this and
is there a time code on the screen?
JS
2012-06-04 12:31:24 UTC
 APOCALYPSE NOW App. 288 min
 I've wondered for years,,,so how is the pic/sound quality on this and
is there a time code on the screen?
I've had this in my collection for years. I have never watched the
entire thing. It is letterboxed and has a timecode. The quality is
okay, though not stellar. There is a TON of extra footage that didn't
make the theatrical release or even Redux. There was a fairly
extensive scene where Martin Sheen's character (Willard? Admittedly,
it's been awhile) ends up at a plantation owned by a Frenchman - this
is when Sheen and his crew were still trying to track down Brando's
character. The guy invites them to dinner and they have a conversation
for like 30 minutes. This scene wasn't used in the theatrical release
or the home video but it did appear in Redux. I went to see Redux in
the theater with my Dad (who was a big fan of war movies in general).
Having seen the workprint, I recognized the French scene when it came
up. My Dad didn't recognize it, obviously. He told me later he really
thought it bogged the film down and was as if someone had "stepped on
the brakes". Some things are best left on the cutting room floor.

Here is some footage from the workprint:

fadeToblack
2012-06-03 18:19:14 UTC
Post by mutt
Post by JS
This is a long shot, but I'm looking for a former poster whose email
Unfortunately, that address is no longer valid. However, I would
really like to talk to this person. If anyone has any information on
how I can get in touch with this guy, please let me know.
Thanks,
JS
Trading Traci Lords child pornography will get you arrested.
hehhhhheeee,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
I still think it's a 50/50 bet she was NOT underage and made the
claim for publicity, fame, etc.
she certainly looks and performs like a fully developed full
grown woman in those films.
JS
2012-06-03 19:33:05 UTC
     hehhhhheeee,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
     I still think it's a 50/50 bet she was NOT underage and made the
claim for publicity, fame, etc.
     she certainly looks and performs like a fully developed full
grown woman in those films.
A Mom n Pop video store near me (that has since closed down, like they
all have, unfortunately) had an adult section. They did have the one
legal video she did after she turned 18. I never did check it out
though.
fadeToblack
2012-06-03 20:20:19 UTC
Post by JS
     hehhhhheeee,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
     I still think it's a 50/50 bet she was NOT underage and made the
claim for publicity, fame, etc.
     she certainly looks and performs like a fully developed full
grown woman in those films.
A Mom n Pop video store near me (that has since closed down, like they
all have, unfortunately) had an adult section. They did have the one
legal video she did after she turned 18. I never did check it out
though.
'Tracy I Love You'.
It's lame unless you like to see a black dildo.
She sold the film rights for 100k, quite a lot of $ at the time.
wiseguy182
2012-06-04 05:22:10 UTC
Post by JS
     hehhhhheeee,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
     I still think it's a 50/50 bet she was NOT underage and made the
claim for publicity, fame, etc.
     she certainly looks and performs like a fully developed full
grown woman in those films.
A Mom n Pop video store near me (that has since closed down, like they
all have, unfortunately) had an adult section. They did have the one
legal video she did after she turned 18. I never did check it out
though.
You are right about that JS. I had mentioned this on another forum a
little while ago. The Mom and Pop video stores were the BEST, because
they were the ones that had been around forever (well, since VCR's
came around anyway) and they had almost anything you could possibly
want. I particularly loved the one in my town. I used to go there for
my classic wrestling fix, among other things. The employees were very
friendly also, and we would talk for awhile. Sadly, that one closed in
2002, and all that was left in town was a chain. The thing with
chains, is that most of them were newer stores, so you had like 50
copies of the latest releases, and only a spattering of classic stuff.
The employees were snots also. Even the chains are on their way out
now.

I had a job at a video store for a few days when I was 18. I was very
young and naive. They trained me to say to each customer the name of
their movie, and what day it would be due back on. Thing is, they
didn't tell me that you don't do that with ADULT titles. So here I am
announcing out loud to people their X rated movie will be due back on
such and such date. A coworker eventually "wisened" me up to that. I
quit after a few days though. That was due to management not doing
anything about a guy coming in and jerking off on the videos. I didn't
feel safe. The store wasn't around for much longer after that.
JS
2012-06-04 13:03:37 UTC
Post by wiseguy182
[...]
There used to be a few in my area. They all closed down years ago. My
favorite store was called "Grand Video" - though they went through
several name changes over the years. They had been in business since
the early days of VHS and stocked just about everything you could
imagine or ever want and then some. They carried the latest releases
too. They even had a section for laser diss. They were also the only
store that continued to rent regular Nintendo and Atari(!) games for
YEARS even after the systems became unpopular. In fact, I still have
some games somewhere that we bought from them. I remember a time when
my Mom went to return the NES cartridge Mike Tyson's Punch Out (for
about the 27th time) and they just let her keep it. They also had
popcorn and cotton candy machines and would occasionally give you a
free bag to take home. The store was owned by this older British
couple. They were very friendly and approachable. I remember a time I
was looking for an obscure title (think it was one of the Incredible
Hulk films) and they ordered it for me from their distributor and let
me buy the tape at cost. Hell, they probably made enough money off of
us over the years. It seems like every Friday night we would head over
there and rent a bunch of tapes and video games for the weekend. Same
deal around holidays. They closed up shop some time in the late
nineties. I don't believe they ever stocked DVDs and maybe they
weren't interested in going into that market. By the time the store
closed, the owners were getting up there in the years, and I don't
think they had kids or, if they did, they didn't have an interest in
the business. Ironically, there was a Blockbuster in the same plaza
that had been there just as long. The Blockbuster was better in terms
of having more copies of the new releases but if you were looking for
anything older you could forget it. I remember going there once
(probably after Grand Video had closed) and asking about the Breakfast
Club. They didn't even know what that was! I wasn't sad to see them
go.

Grand Video did have an adult section but I was too young at the time
to go in. There was another Mom n Pop store I used to go to (the one
that had the infamous Traci tape I mentioned earlier) that had an
adult section. They had a huge sign that instructed you NOT to bring
the adult VHS boxes out into the main area of the store - you had to
bring the cover of the video you wanted to rent to the counter. They
had a separate counter (behind a partition) for the adult rentals. I
always thought that was humorous. They also had a sign in the adult
section that said "no loitering". That was kinda funny too. The store
went out of business some time in the early 2000s. There are no rental
stores near us now.

It's sad really. Somehow getting DVDs in the mail from Netflix or
picking them up at RedBox just doesn't have the same luster as
searching the store shelves for hours looking for random obscurities.
JS
2012-06-04 22:34:33 UTC
Just for the Hell of it, I Googled Grand Video and the location and
found an old newspaper advertisement from 1988 in Google News. The ad
boasted that ET would be visiting the store. I wonder if it was
actually him.